Piña Colada Cupcakes



I wasn't sure about blogging about my bakes here on Tiddlybobs, as I began it with the idea that it would just be about my journey into (and hopefully progression through!) the world of crafting. However, I've been reading a lot of advice about blogging lately and the one thing that crops up the most is to blog about what you love and baking is definitely one of my loves! I've always dabbled in it over the years being the daughter of a woman who bakes the most delicious things in the world, but over the last year I have baking a lot more (since moving in with four other people means I don't have to eat everything I bake anymore!) and I love trying out new recipes and learning new techniques. So I think I will start adding my bakes to this blog but probably only the more creative projects I attempt and not just boring pictures of Victoria sponges!


My most recent bake was some piña colada cupcakes. 

I recently visited a craft fair in Oxfordshire and bought some piña colada curd from the lovely people at Cherry Tree Preserves  and was dying to use it in a recipe. I just made a standard batch of vanilla cupcakes. I then spooned out a small hole in the top of each cupcake and popped in some of the curd. I swirled butter icing over the top and added straws, umbrellas and gummy fruit shapes to give the idea of a piña colada cocktail! 




No comments:

Post a Comment